Walk 10 February 2013 Albuñúelas Almond blossom



The Almond blossom walk


Dear All.
This week we went to Albunúelas for a walk amongst the Almond blossom. There were doubts as to whether the blossom would still be out. This year it started appearing at the beginning of January, and with all the wind I thought it might have blown away. The weather conditions were perfect for walking, blue sky and the wind had taken the day off.
We met at the car park in Albunúelas and walked out through the village on the GR7 path and then climbed up onto the plateau.
With the hard work over we now had a leisurely stroll amongst the blossom which was still in full bloom on most of the trees. Dropping down into Salares Arthur had problems with his knees and found it easier to go down backwards, with Mike guiding him. We picked up the GR7 again in Salares and followed it back to Albunúelas and up to the bar. This is where things went wrong, I had gone off on a medivac mercy mission to recover Arthur, leaving Kees and Conchi to look after, and navigate, the remainder of the group the 20 metres to the bar. I don’t know what they did to upset the owner but he refused to serve them. This is Spain, there is a crisis on, you have to be very bad to get barred. I had only left them for 10 minutes and our reputation as a clean, healthy living, group was in tatters. I found them a few minutes later, sheepishly wandering down the road looking for another bar. Perhaps it was Kees giving his own rendition of “Why am I so beautiful” that put the mockers on things.
With the group once again reconvened we found another bar willing to serve us and rounded the walk off with beer and tapas.
In the afternoon we went round to Conchi’s Cortijo for tapas and spent a pleasant afternoon sat in the sunshine.
Please note, after talking to certain interested parties I need to add a note to the above text.
This blog is a work of fiction, and the people, places and events written about, bear no resemblance to any place, or person either alive or dead. in the past or future.
Saying that, Conchi needs new specs if she thinks Kees is beautiful.

We walked 12 km and climbed 447 metres.  
This weeks photo is of us and the Almond blossom.


Comments

Unknown said…
I do not agree with Stuart. As you all know, besides me, Conchi is a very sensible and responsible women. She proved that last Sunday again on more then one case ;=))

We both took the decision to leave the bar (which was the first choice of Stuart) as it was. There was no service at all, although we even asked Conchi to go into the bar and have a look what was going on.

A pity you do not appreciate the initiative we took ourselves. Instead you should be proud of her (and me of course being the one with the most Brownie-points ).

I have a request to you: could you please give Conchi one of my Brownie-points; she deserves it!

Hope to see you next Sunday in a better mood....

Kees
Unknown said…
Dear Kees
I had hoped to dispense with any bad feelings about the email, I did say it was pure fiction. No one after reading my notes to the email will associate you or Conchi with the names mentioned in the text.
As for not appreciating initiative I think I have instigated a rewards system that is unique through the world, namely the awarding of Brownie points, to which you are a major beneficially. It was because of your high status within the group, (having so many Brownie points) that I thought I could trust you to train Conchi up to the very high standard that leadership demands.

Your very good friend and in these hard times we all need friends

Stuart

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Sunday 2 December 2018 Sierra Manar

Walk Sunday 4 November 2018 Nerja

Walk 18 November 2018 Talara