Barranco de la Rambla


Lecrin valley Limpers










Dear limper
Can I start by trying to clear up a misunderstanding that I was not aware of, I don't want to embarrass his wife so I will just say that it involves a Dutch man who lives in Mondujar. It appears that what I thought was a friendship, based on walking, was a lot more serious than I thought. It was a shock today to hear him announce to the group that we had "been stepping out together for 4 years." I won't say anymore on the subject, but if he thinks, just because I always share my coffee with him, that I have deep manly feelings for him he had better watch out, as I am training up for a yellow belt at the self defence class.
The walk today was up the Barranco de la Rambla, and was a joint outing with the self defence class lead by Angel. With 12 walkers split equally 50/50 between the two groups we ran into the usual problems with logistics, with one walker refusing to get out of bed in time for the 9 o'clock start, and losing another along the way, the first joined the walk along the way, the second was found in a Bar in Durcal sipping a cold beer.
While the walk was quite wearing on the calf muscles I think most of us will agree that we had an enjoyable day out, and it was only the dogs who got to fighting during the photo session, Any bandits that were lurking in the area kept a low profile and we all made safely back. There is obviously a cultural difference between the 2 groups as upon our return to Durcal the Limpers headed for a bar and the rest made their way home to have a meal with their families.
Our walk this coming Sunday, the 21st, is from Marchena and climbs up the Sierra Del Manar. The walk involves about 600 meters of ascent on a well graded path before returning on the Camino de Forestall back to Marchena and takes about 3 hours.
If you want to come on the walk meet in Marchena in front of the Renault garage at 9.30. There is no tapa arranged but if any body wants to go for lunch we can try and book a table at the Mesquita hostel on the morning of the walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Sunday 2 December 2018 Sierra Manar

Walk Sunday 4 November 2018 Nerja

Walk 18 November 2018 Talara