9th March 2014 Circular walk from Talara



On Sunday we did a local walk starting in Talara. We had arranged to meet at the crossroads and when I arrived there were a lot of people milling around in full walking gear, people who I did not recognise. I know my memory is failing with each passing year, but with this many  unknowns I starting to wonder if I'd had a case of sudden onset Alzheimer's. Just then a bus appeared and whisked them all off, leaving me with some friends I did recognise.
The walk started nice and gently by following the road out towards Talara cemetery. It then starts to climb and for the next 5 km the track heads uphill, I had estimated around a couple of hours to get us to the top. But Plym and Martine had other ideas, they set off at a cracking pace, leaving the rest of us puffing and panting in their slipstream. I initially blamed Plym, who appears to back on form after her recent loss of fitness, for knocking 30 minutes off the ascent but, in a true sign of sisterhood, Martine said she was equally to blame. So for anyone who is still short of breath, we know who the culprits are.
Arriving at the top, ahead of schedule we had some time to waste, I did not want to face a barrage of complaints about the walk being quicker than the advertised 4 hours. It was a glorious day, but there was a chill wind blowing so we set about finding a suitable spot with a good view and out of the wind. Eventually a nice grassy banking was found and we stopped for a very early lunch. After 30 minutes everyone was starting to feel a bit chilly so we returned to the path and headed back downhill, to the Finity bar in Talara, for a drink and tapas.

A short pleasant walk with good views over the Lecrin Valley.
 
 

We walked 10.7 km and climbed 464 metres.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Sunday 2 December 2018 Sierra Manar

Walk Sunday 4 November 2018 Nerja

Walk 18 November 2018 Talara